Monday, August 28, 2006

California Poppies.


I chose california poppies for several reasons. First, they're the only practically flourescent flower I've ever seen. Second, one of my fondest memories of my old school is our "wildly" sucessful wildflower garden, which included these flowers. I had never seen them before they bloomed for us at school. Thirdly, these flowers remind me a sweet trip to Point Reyes, CA, with Lizard and WG, where we saw these lovely things growing wild....

This is definitely a quick study/sketch. I am still stuck on making a lino cut of this subject, so I didn't want to labor over this too much and get sick of poppies! I was going for a flea market/anthropologie type ptg., but may have inadvertantly achieved the Bob Ross look.... :)

Watered down acrylics on turqoise canson paper, which I had lying around.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mexican Beauty said...

Lovely! Oh happy poppies in blue!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Lizard said...

I love the blue. I need that blue right now. Blues and greens are so soothing to me. I've always reacted to them.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Kellsey said...

Yum. I agree, these blues are fantastic! They really pop with the flowers.

11:18 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

I love blue with orange! Pretty poppies... :o)

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home