Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Print in the works....

I have been commissioned by a friend to do a lino-cut for their newly remodeled house. This is a portrait of their family. They have 3 gorgeous girls represented by the 3 flowers in the center. My friend is represented by the taller flower on the right side, her husband is the sun. The image is framed by bamboo. They are Chinese so I wanted the imagery to reflect that. I am planning on hand-painting it. Gouache or watercolor???

I have been working on a print for our Kiwi friend, Kate and have nearly finished, but I think I may send her this instead.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mexican Beauty said...

ooh! i love the composition of the flowers. i would love the colors to be bold. i can't wait to see the finished product.

10:01 AM  
Blogger sweetpea said...

I like it! use guache. I can't spell it--sorry. Anyway, you have to paint very carefully unless you use oil based printing ink, or the ink will smear. :)

2:13 PM  
Blogger Lizard said...

thanks for tip!!

2:30 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

ooooooooooooooooooo liz i *love* it!!! it's totally gorgeous and i love all the visual texture in it...
you go girl :o)

6:49 PM  
Blogger Lizard said...

I'm glad you like it Kate! I think you would like the tree as well, but this one is definitely nicer. I am not using an easy cut linoleum, so cutting is slow going. I have to heat a section before I can cut into it.

It is 13 x 19 inches.

5:40 AM  
Blogger Kellsey said...

This is so lovely, Sweetpea. I really like it. I can't wait to see the finished product.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home