Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Progress on my panels


So, I have not yet finished my fairy. I continue to have trouble seeing what I want in my mind's eye. So, I decided to take a break from it and to work on my butterfly and my dragonfly. I have drawn the dragonfly but have not painted it yet, so I don't have pics of that. However, here's the pics of the butterfly and the fairy. The colors did NOT translate when I took pictures, so they look a little bit weird here.

Anyways, I love my butterfly, but it is much more color-blocky than my fairy and so now they do not go together...I am not sure which way I want to go at this point, but I think that the color-blocky idea may win out as it is more readily pleasing to the eye and because it will be easier for Honor to see and enjoy. Eventually, I will have three square panels that I will mount in a horizontal row with an inch or two between them on the wall (which is a deep red wine color).

I have not painted anything in the fairy's wings yet, although I have outlined them in a pale yellow.

Also, I really had wanted to incorporate orange, but the couple of times that I have tried to include it, it just looks all wrong. Bummer.

Any thoughts?

4 Comments:

Blogger Mexican Beauty said...

oh fun! i love the colors. i wish i had suggestions to offer, but this is really more up lizard and sweetpea's alley...

8:56 AM  
Blogger sweetpea said...

Kellsey--I love these. I like the colors alot. You may not need orange, or you could cut the orange with a little of the pink to make it relate a more--still be orangish but with a hint of another part of your palette. Maybe then it wouldn't be jarring to you. But I like them as they are. You could add some little tiny detail to the butterfly--dots, little repeating shapes, to make it more delicate looking. I mean, to make it jive more with the fairy. Just some thoughts. :)

7:09 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

well i am thinking that the fairy's wings might like a little orange/lilac/pink.... and maybe the butterfly would like some little orange bits.. but i do *love* the pink!!!!!!

11:20 PM  
Blogger Kellsey said...

thanks for the suggestions, Ladies. They are definitely helpful. They have got my brain picturing some things now, and before it was all a blank.

thanks!

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home