Thursday, July 12, 2007

William Wegman Exhibit


I've been making an effort lately to go to museums and keep up with current exhibits. I always feel inspired afterwards to be a better artist, but without making an effort it seems I only go to museums once a year or less. I find I need a lot of inspiration when I am drowning in wedding photography.

Last week I went with a friend to see a William Wegman exhibit at the Addison Gallery of American Art on the campus of the Phillips Academy in Andover, Massachusetts.

It was a fantastic exhibit and we were very impressed with the beautiful museum. I found out later that some of the Notable Alumni of the Phillips Academy include Walker Evans, Oliver Wendell Holmes, George Bush, George W. Bush, Humphrey Bogart, Jack Lemmon, and John F. Kennedy Jr!

Lizard and Sweetpea, we'll have to go there next time y'all are in town. It's really beautiful.

© William Wegman
Connector, 1994
Polaroid
24 x 20 in.
Private collection

4 Comments:

Blogger Lizard said...

It's a date. The three of us plus one. : )

7:51 PM  
Blogger sweetpea said...

um, excuse me, but don't you mean,
"the three of us plus THREE??????"

6:43 AM  
Blogger Mexican Beauty said...

seriously, we'll have to get our multi-cultural children together at some point.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Lizard said...

Pooter-I think I actually forget I'm adopting. It has been soosooooooo long. Our wait time will probably hit 2 years. Next month it will hit 21 months officially.
SO YES lets take our gorgeous babies out!!

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home