Tuesday, October 10, 2006

SPC: Fears


Most of the time I am thankful for the wonderful life that I live--I have a beautiful supportive family, a fabulous soul-mate of a husband and a job/career that I love. But sometimes I am (very selfishly) paralyzed with fear that this good life cannot last and that at some point I will have to pay for it all with a severe tragedy...My life has never been perfect and we have had various struggles like anyone else, but I convince myself that I should feel guilty that my life hasn't been full of great suffering instead of being thankful for what I have...

5 Comments:

Blogger dawn said...

WG-Thanks for sharing your heart. I often have the exact same fears, especially now since I am having a baby. I always wonder when it will be my turn for saddness...however, I know that God does not want me or you to live in fear. He knows the plans that he has for us. When I have these fears, I try to remind myself that God has not failed in caring for me and will never do so.

I really do appreciate reading your post...It assures me that I am not alone in my anxious thoughts and neither are you.

Sending love to Boston from Branson! Dawn

11:34 AM  
Blogger sweetpea said...

I can definitely relate, too. I think I'm going to have to "pay the piper" somehow, or that when difficult things happen, I wonder if God is punishing me because I did this, or because I did that.

I'm glad God doesn't really work this way. He's already punished Jesus for my sin!

12:00 PM  
Blogger Mexican Beauty said...

Thank you, Dixie Chick! Thank you for your encouragement. And Congratulations on your pregnancy. How exciting!

I think one thing I'm trying to do is GIVE more....and not focus on myself in an unhealthy way.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Mexican Beauty said...

And always be thankful...

12:01 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

wow
you are brave being so *real*
thanks.
i do have seasons of feeling more anxious, like when i'm pregs (have had four miscarriages)..
but we've stopped having kiddos now (i think)
i wish you sunshiney days and sparkly nights, and peace xx

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home