Saturday, September 30, 2006

True Confessions.


I ruined my "home" project.

I was making a linocut, working on it in the evenings....it was a quote by Emily Dickinson: "My friends are my estate." Those who've never done printmaking may not know that whatever you cut will be a mirror image once printed. Therefore, all text must be cut backwards. Lo and behold, when I inked it up to print a draft, I had forgotten to reverse ONE "s". The one in "friends." Therefore, once printed, that "s" was backwards. My dyslexic self was very frustrated. You can't "fix" a linocut gone wrong.

So, I hope to re-do it. But I'm getting a bit busy, and it may be awhile. *sigh*
But isn't that a great quote: "my friends are my estate" ?

6 Comments:

Blogger Mexican Beauty said...

Oh! It sounds like a lovely lino-cut!!! I'm so sorry about the backward s....

I'm super busy, too. I don't have a home project and I'm 3 weddings behind in my editing process...No time for thoughtful art projects this month...

7:08 AM  
Blogger Kellsey said...

Sweetpea, I am so sorry your lino got "oopsed". That is very sad. I have to admit that I kept trying to think of a way to present something that had Macon in it. He is home to me. As long as I am with him, I am home. However, the only thing I could think of was a picture of the two of us because I just don't have time to paint or anything else right now (getting sick just put me so behind in everything). But, I didn't want to post another picture from an old time. So, perhaps in the future I will be able to come up with something that shows this idea, but for now, this is all I've got.

I suppose I could have linked to Macon's family's blog to show pictures of Aidan's Big Boy room since it was a home project of a different kind, but I don't know how to link to a specific blog entry as opposed to a blogsite in general.

6:23 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

kellsey:
to link to a blog page:
if it's a blogger.com page you just click on the time underneath the "specific blog entry" you want to link to. then just type your URL details into

aidan's big boy room

and bob's your uncle, fanny's your aunt....
there's your hyperlink

:o) k xx

4:58 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

whoops.
talk about oopsies.
"aidan's big boy room" goes between the > < below:




:o) k xx

4:59 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

land sakes.
go

here
and scroll down to
*link something*
and it'll work a dream.
it just has *twice* for me lol

:o) k xx

5:01 PM  
Blogger Kellsey said...

Kate,
thanks! ;-)

Your many posts made me laugh--definitely a good start to the morning.

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home