Monday, February 19, 2007

Trees anyone??



I have recently been wanting to do some large scale drawings. (Sweetpea will tell you I specialized in large scale in college.) I feel like I can really stretch out in large spaces. I can breathe. I decided our living room needed trees. So yesterday I slapped up some white paper held beautifully in place by painters tape and went for it. On the right side of the door is a tree with its branches extending to the left side of the doorway with a small tree just beginning to grow. (The left side is still very light.) I think as a stay-at-home/frustrated artist I fantasize about the perfect timing to make art. Its part of my soul that has been bottled up for a long time. I need to learn to throw perfection out the window and just get jump in and get messy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kellsey said...

I always love trees! I clicked on the photos to see them better and noticed that the detail in the background is suprisingly sharp. Nice batman lunchbox--and, I like the painting on the red wall in the dining room above the window. Very fun.

Back to your new large scale art--I think it's great that you just slapped it up and did it. I, too, find myself fantasizing about the perfect time to do art(which means it hardly ever happens)., So, yea to you for just doing it!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Lizard said...

Thanks Kellsey! I have been debating repainting the kitchen. I painted it when we first moved in the house to match our interesting orange countertops. But now I'm wanting the kitchen to be green, but I have to figure out what to do with the countertop. We rent, so we are pretty much stuck with it.

8:00 PM  
Blogger sweetpea said...

good for you lizard!

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home