Tuesday, February 06, 2007

T-Shirt Challenge...

I have been searching for an adoption themed t-shirt for awhile, but, frankly, most of them are pretty cheesy. ***Even my baby was made in China*** Huh?? It gets worse from there.

So I've decided to create some of my own. And then I thought of my creative friends over at Sweetpea's franchise of blogs. What if we all contributed ideas and then created shirts at Cafe Press to be sold through Bringing Mei Home and Sweetpea?? My thought was the little funds it created could go to adoption expenses or be donated to an adoption organization.

So here is what I have in mind. I was thinking of a floral theme, like plum blossoms, chrysathemums etc with wording like, "Waiting for Mei", "Bringing Mei Home, 2007". Since most of you are more writerly than I, I'm sure some clever ideas could be thought of.

The images could be drawings, photographs, woodblocks, etc. Funny pics like on Jones Soda, anything. It could be specifically about our adoption or adoption in general.

Sooooo what do you think????

5 Comments:

Blogger Mexican Beauty said...

i'm always up for a creative challenge...

9:25 AM  
Blogger sweetpea said...

i'm not very good conceptually/visually, which is why i wasn't very good in my illustration class in college. but i will try!!!!!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Lizard said...

Actually Sweetpea, I was thinking about some of your woodcuts or portions of your woodcuts. They are beautiful. What if you printed them in red?? I was thinking about doing a woodcut of a chrysathemum in a white square printed in red.

1:30 PM  
Blogger sweetpea said...

i think that would be beautiful! email me with specifics/ images if you want. xoxo

1:38 PM  
Blogger TulipGirl said...

Cool idea. . . Be sure to link to the cafepress site when you get that far. . .

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home