Monday, February 19, 2007

Fairies


So, here's a rough sketch of a little painting I want to do for Honor's room. The color of her walls is a deep red wine color (some of you may remember pictures of this), and her bedding is off-white, red wine, and a green that is somewhere between sage and lime...more sage than lime. Anyways, i was imagining a matching green background, but I am having trouble deciding on the colors for the fairy. I thought I would throw it open to suggestions from you guys. This will be on a small square canvas (about 12"x12"). I have two other identical canvases that I will be painting as well (identical in size and shape, but not content). I am imagining a butterfly with the same family of colors as the fairy on one of them, and perhaps a flower or a dragonfly on the third canvas. All of them will have the green background (and I may even paint a white matting and a black edging around them each...I haven't decided on that yet, but black and white just POP against red walls....)

Anyways, throw out your suggestions and inspire me!

5 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

I did a project recently with a red, a light sagey green, a medium-light orange and a soft, soft pink. The aim was girly but not overwhelmingly so and the client really liked it.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

This might be a good opportunity to work in the inevitable PINK that you know will show up in her room via picture frames, stuffed animals, etc. Maybe also add in a HOT pink that coordinates? Like a range of pinks? I like the idea of orange, too!

11:55 AM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

that is so funny.
i was thinking soft pinks/oranges/yellows.
like a warm summer breeze....

1:41 PM  
Blogger Kellsey said...

I like the idea of orange. I guess I had been thinking that I would use a couple of pinks, but I had not pictured he orange or the yellow and I like both. I may also work in a cross between lavender and purple and some white...I hope I don't make it too busy, but we'll have to see. I am currently out of town, so it will be a couple of weeks before I am able to actually do some more work on this.

Thanks for the suggestions, Ladies!

12:06 PM  
Blogger TulipGirl said...

I like the fairy theme. . . I have a weakness for Cicely Mary Barker's fairy books.

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home