Sunday, November 05, 2006

SPC November

"Lets ditch those imperfections and go all out GLAM. Yes lets glam it up with some disco, diamonds and glitter.

I suggest some gorgeous shots - really over do it on the posing and makeup and dressups and show us the extrovert you. The sexy mama in the kitchen with the peek-a-boo apron or how about some diamontes on those dungarees, stillettos, feathers and lycra. Looking for ideas then go no further than Glam Rock as your inspiration, KISS, David Bowie, and Queen and Garry Glitter. Glam means dressing androgynously in make up and glittery, florid costumes such as David Bowie during his Ziggy Stardust phase or The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Get Glam everyone!"

(copied from selfportraitchallenge.net)

I'm not sure about the androgynous dressing, but taking fashion to the extreme sounds like fun...OR just some shots of clothing/outfits that make us feel fun, confident and beautiful...

3 Comments:

Blogger sweetpea said...

Yeah, not so sure about channeling David Bowie....but it sounds fun!!!

And what exactly, is peek-a-boo apron?? Never mind.

9:28 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

sheesh, now i know that i'm gonna be reciting all day:

how'd you do? I
see you've met my
faithful handy man...


*grin*

12:08 PM  
Blogger Kellsey said...

I, too, was a bit perplexed by the "peek-a-boo" apron...But, I don't really need to know. Whatever it is, I am sure I don't have one.

Women dress androgynously all the time, it only sticks out these days when men dress like women. And, it doesn't really seem to be truly GLAM when women dress like men, only when it's vice-versa.

Anyways, it's fun to get decked out and lovely. I may actually get the curlers out and do my hair (a very rare occasion these days!)

I'm sorry I have been out of commission lately as regards our assignments. I have been a bit overwhelmed and exhausted during Aidan's naptimes and have opted to nap myself instead of being creative. I am hoping that I may have a little more energy this month, but if not, then it may be a while until I'm back on track with the fun. In the meantime, I am truly enjoying viewing all of your posts.

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home