Tuesday, November 14, 2006

My Photo Professor

My sister-in-law gave me one of the best presents ever for my birthday: One of Susan Dunkerley's prints. Susan was my photo professor when I was getting my BFA at Baylor. She was/is an incredible teacher and artist and has continued to be very encouraging and inspiring in my photography career. I have always loved her work and I am excited and giddy to have one of her prints.

I emailed her to tell her that I was excited to have a reminder of her in my home and she said that she'd love for me to be a visiting artist for her students next time I'm in town. She has several students interested in wedding and portrait photography and she would like for me to impart some of my wedding photography "wisdom."

I feel really honored and excited and unworthy, but I love what I do and would love to share that with younger photogs. We'll see if it works out...

5 Comments:

Blogger Lizard said...

That's very exciting!! Congrats!!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Lizard said...

Sam is turning 6 next week and we are giving him a polaroid camera for his birthday. I am really excited to see what he does with it!!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Mexican Beauty said...

That's awesome. You'll have to post some of his photos.

10:39 AM  
Blogger sweetpea said...

you are so totally worthy!!! so proud of you and not at all surprised!

2:18 PM  
Blogger skatey katie said...

i love her piece
the soul takes this shape

woot woot
well done you on the invitation!!

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home