Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Reflections on THIN

I just finished watching the Lauren Greenfield documentary, THIN (I mentioned it in an earlier post) and I have to say it was really well done. I thought it was successful in communicating the severity and complexity of eating disorders. I found it easy to relate to the girls going through the clinic. I saw some of me in them and it made me want to be more conscious about not putting a lot of stress on physical appearance. (I have never had an eating disorder, but I am obsessive about exercise and eating well--sometimes for the wrong reasons.) And it reminded me how important it is to influence other girls around me in a positive way....by not making comments on how fat or thin people are, by not talking about how many calories something has, by not putting myself down, etc.

I think you should all see it if you get a chance.

3 Comments:

Blogger sweetpea said...

where did you see it?

i'm hoping to see it when it comes out on netflix....

my friend Laurie, who's a counselor, is interested in seeing this because you mentioned it here, and is telling her counselor friends about it. :)

8:51 PM  
Blogger Mexican Beauty said...

i saw it on HBO. i'll find out where and when the DVD will be available and let you know.

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I am a constant visitor of this site...bravo to such strong, beautiful, vibrant and creative women, but I wanted to say that on the "thin" website, it states that the DVD is already available in stores. All the information was on the site. And again...you all are an inspiration!

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home